Chat with us, powered by LiveChat


Whether you are a foreign worker, returning to Canada or a new immigrant you may have a waiting period of up to three months before you are covered under a Canadian healthcare plan.  Get protected now to ensure your stay or return to Canada doesn’t leave you without care in an emergency.


Living and working in Canada can be a great experience but it’s important to be prepared.

What you need to know

The Canadian government requires companies to ensure their employees have valid health insurance.  When you arrive, you can apply for provincial healthcare but there are wait times of up to three months before you are covered.


If you’re returning after living abroad over a year, your provincial health plan will be invalid.

What you need to know

Upon returning to Canada, you may have a waiting period of up to three months before you are covered.  It’s a good idea to seek supplementary medical insurance to cover you during your waiting period.


It’s a big step to move to Canada. Start your new life right with the coverage you need.

What you need to know

One of the concerns faced by newly landed immigrants is access to the medical system. Immigrants are eligible for provincial health coverage, however there’s a waiting period of up to three months before you are covered.

Common Inpatriate Travel Insurance benefits

Our inpatriate plans include coverage for (but not limited to) the following:

  • Hospital benefits (i.e. hospital stay, physician services, prescription drugs, etc.)

  • Medical, Surgical and Diagnostic services (i.e. x-ray, ambulance charges, paramedical services, etc.)

  • Out-patient services (i.e. physician services, medical tests, etc.)

  • Emergency dental treatment

  • Emergency air transportation back to home country (pre-approval needed)

  • Obstetrics and Well Baby Care (i.e. pre-natal care, childbirth and post-natal care costs, etc.)

  • Emergency Out of Province insurance

  • Repatriation or local burial

Questions about Travel Insurance while in Canada? Ask our experts.